Saturday 24 October 2009

8 ways to speed up Windows XP - Day 1

There is plenty of talk at the moment about Windows 7 and how it is going to change the world blah, blah,  blah but what if you have Windows XP and can’t afford the much needed upgrade just yet. Well chances are you have had XP for sometime and if you haven’t been maintaining it, it has gradually been getting slower and slower.

One of the most common questions I get asked is “How can I speed up my computer?”. So for the next 8 days I’m going to provide some tips for restoring XP to it's former glory.

 Day 1 – Back up your data

Hopefully, you already have a regular backup procedure in place for your data i.e. photographs, documents, favourites, passwords etc. If this is the case, ‘Well done', if not then I urge you to create a back up before carrying out the following steps.  Backing up on this occasion is a good start but a regular back up routine (although rather dull sounding) will save you alot of heartache should the worst happen to your data.

This process may take you some time, so I’ll let you get on with it and i'll see you back here tomorrow for the next instalment :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment