Transnet is transcription software that is supplied by the company Dictaphone. It is installed on your computer and requires a footpedal and a Dictaphone Boomerang attachment between the footpedal and PC to control playback. The footpedal is attached via a USB port or can have an adapter that allows it to connect as a game port.
Transnet can be installed on Windows XP, Vista, Win 7 & Win 8 (In WinXP compatibility mode)..
HOW TRANSNET WORKS
Transnet which is the transcription client works in conjunction with a Dictaphone server. A secure connection is made between the two, jobs are downloaded to Transnet and the typist transcribes the files. When the typist is finished they will ’sign off’ the job and this updates the status on the server to show it is complete. Once a job has the left the transcription queue another dictation will download automatically.
KNOWN SUPPORT ISSUES
Problem : Job becomes locked to a typist and shows as in ‘USE’ on the server (Joblister).
Solution : No manual intervention can help, unfortunately, you just have to wait for the system to release the job.
Problem : Typist cannot download any more work even though the queue is empty/Server shows the typist to have jobs transferred to her/him that they dont appear to have in Transnet.
1. Close Transnet
2. Go to ‘C:\Program Files\Dictaphone EXV Clients\TransNetAudio’.
3. Inside you will see a folder with the User ID of the typist. Delete this folder.
4. Go back onto the server (Joblister) and release any jobs that were assigned to the teleworker.
5. Open Transnet and login. Jobs should now begin to download as normal
* The above solution will also work when the typist sees a string of questions marks (????) for a downloaded job instead of the job details
|10 ways to improve your technical support skills|